Teacher of Kinyarwanda & French for Primary & Kindergarten section
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. The school is currently hiring a teacher of Kinyarwanda & French.
This person is expected to work successfully with a range of students, be verse in research-based practices and seek to become part of our learning community.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The Kinyarwanda & French teacher at Wellspring Academy is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Prepare weekly lesson plans
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with Wellspring Academy vision and mission statement.
- Deliver Kinyarwanda & French lessons to Primary students following the Cambridge curriculum.
- Be able to integrate biblical values into the curriculum
- Be able to manage children both in classroom and outside the classroom.
- Participate in department meetings, and in professional trainings
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff and administration
- Demonstrate punctuality in reporting to the campus for teaching time, meetings, devotions, and morning duty, as well as spend the appropriate and adequate time after school to complete responsibilities and to be ready for the following day.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the classroom on a consistent daily basis.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the students through awareness and the implementation of applicable school policies and procedures.
- Communicate consistently with parents on the progress and needs of the students.
Teachers in the Primary & Kindergarten section report directly to the Deputy Principal in charge of Primary & Kindergarten section.
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in education (Languages-Kinyarwanda & French and/or Literature) from an accredited higher learning institution
Expected experience and skills:
- Minimum of TWO years of teaching experience in an international program (CIE preferred).
- Practical computer skills of Microsoft office package ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Kinyarwanda & French is required
Personal and spiritual qualities
- A strong relationship with Christ and a desire to grow in faith
- Passionate with education and love for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating and a positive mind)
- Practice principles of Christian growth including prayer, study, witnessing, and discipleship.
- Physical, mental and health fitness to perform the duties and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should visit our school website www.wellspringacademy.org then go to join our community and fill the form “ Job opportunities at Wellspring Academy”
Closing date for applications: July 18, 2022
Provisional dates for interview: July 26, 2022
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Thank you for submitting your application