Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. The school is currently hiring a School Librarian.
This person is expected to work successfully with a range of students, be verse in research-based practices and seek to become part of our learning community.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The School Librarian at Wellspring Academy is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- To organise and manage the library and its resources to meet the needs of the school’s curriculum and to support the reading, learning and information requirements of the pupils and staff. Resources could include fiction and non-fiction books, reference books, audio and visual supports, websites and other on-line learning resources.
- To promote the library and its resources and services to staff and pupils.
- To organise the resources effectively and to use display material and other resources to enhance accessibility and attractiveness of the library for information retrieval and leisure use.
- To develop the information retrieval skills of pupils and staff to allow them to access information effectively in both electronic and paper form.
- To ensure the stock of library resources (both paper and electronic) is managed effectively on a daily basis and particularly placing orders for new stock, checking, classifying and cataloguing new items, dealing with the condition and repair of returned items.
- To liaise with primary and secondary sections in the school to ensure appropriate access to learning resources.
- To prepare and monitor the library budget.
- To support the development and implementation of a school library policy this is aligned with school-wide targets.
- To participate in activities to promote wider reading.
- To organise and deliver library induction sessions for pupils on the use of library resources.
- To supervise and help individual pupils that are working in the library and ensure that appropriate discipline is maintained within the school’s policy.
- To develop and supervise library staff and student library monitors.
- To attend meetings as required, take part in performance appraisal and further professional development.
- Undertakes other similar duties and activities that fall within the grade and scope of the post, as directed by the direct supervisor.
School librarian in the secondary section report directly to the Deputy Principal in charge of Secondary section.
At least a Bachelors’ degree in Library and Information sciences or related field from an accredited higher learning institution
Expected experience and skills:
- Minimum of TWO years of working experience in an international program (CIE preferred).
- Practical computer skills of Microsoft office package ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in English is required
Personal and spiritual qualities
- A strong relationship with Christ and a desire to grow in faith
- Passionate with education and love for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating and a positive mind)
- Practice principlaes of Christian growth including prayer, study, witnessing, and discipleship.
- Physical, mental and health fitness to perform the duties and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should visit our school website www.wellspringacademy.org then go to join our community and fill the form “ Job opportunities at Wellspring Academy”
Closing date for applications: July 18, 2022
Provisional dates for interview: July 26, 2022
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Thank you for submitting your application