School Counselor (Discipline Master) at Wellspring Academy | Kigali : Deadline: 10-07-2023
June 29, 2023
THE POSITION OF A SCHOOL COUNSELOR (DISCIPLINE MASTER)
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. The school is currently hiring a Discipline in charge.
The school mission is to educate and equip students to become highly skilled, godly leaders and agents of community transformation.
The school is seeking to recruit a counselor who will work hand in hand with teachers to counsel, guide, mentor and mold students character.
Nature and Scope of Job of a Discipline in charge
- Work hand in hand with teachers to Promote and maintain peace and order in the school,
- Orient, guide and share Wellspring Academy’s expectations and share the school culture with new students at Wellspring Academy;
- Advice the leadership team, staff and parents on issues related to students’ behavior in accordance to existing policies
- Evalaute, update and draft policies that can help the Wellspring Academy community to have Christ centered character.
- Conduct further research or study in the improvement of student discipline;
- Manage discipline related issues raised by teachers and parents and recommend possible solutions.
- Maintain records of students who may need advise regarding discipline
- Advise the school Principal in making decision regarding the discipline of students and teachers.
- Assist the school Principal in developing a school discipline policy that aims at character formation;
- Handle administrative matters related to student discipline
- Establish and lead a school discipline team to plan and develop student discipline work with specific objectives for the school community
- Coordinate all events organized by the school discipline committee
- Participate in other functional team meetings to ensure that the concerns of school discipline needs are catered for.
The school counselor (Discipline Master) reports directly to the School Principal.
Expected experience and skills:
- Minimum of TWO years of experience assuming similar responsibilities in an international school.
- Minimum of FOUR years of teaching experience in an international program (CIE preferred).
- Practical computer skills of Microsoft office package ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in English is required
Personal and spiritual qualities
- A strong relationship with Christ and a desire to grow in faith
- Passionate with education and love for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating and a positive mind)
- Practice principles of Christian growth including prayer, study, witnessing, and discipleship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should visit our school website www.wellspringacademy.org then go to join our community and fill the form “ Job opportunities at Wellspring Academy”
Closing date for applications: July 10th, 2023
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Thank you for submitting your application