UN Women Rwanda Consultancy Assignment (for National Consultant)
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is announcing the following vacancy.
I. Position Information
Job Code Title: National Consultant
Department: UN Women
Reports to: National Programme Specialist
Description of the assignment: Recruiting a National Consultant to conduct a Participatory Gender Audit for Organizations of People with Disabilities in Rwanda for 45 working days between the period 1st August to 31st December 2022
UN Women Rwanda Country Office is recruiting a national consultant to a National Consultant to conduct a Participatory Gender Audit for Organizations of People with Disabilities in Rwanda. The overall purpose of the participatory gender audit for OPDs is to provide a baseline for progress on gender mainstreaming, inform the development of gender mainstreaming strategy for OPDs, guide the work of OPDs in implementing gender mainstreaming, validate the usefulness of existing gender best practices in programmes/projects, policies and strategies among Rwandan OPDs
All interested and qualified individual consultants may download the terms of reference at:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their Cover letter and detailed CVs together with their technical proposals to email@example.com not later than 8th July 2022. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. In case of any questions or difficulties please write to the above email.
II. Key deliverables
The consultant is expected to deliver a final gender audit report indicating the gender issues for OPDs with clear strategies and recommendations (approved by UN Women) on how to address them and annexes of the assessment tools.
III. Recruitment qualification
The Consultant will have to meet the following requirements:
- Masters in socio-economic studies, gender studies, social sciences, disability studies or any related development fields
- Significant experience in conducting gender audits for civil society organizations; public institutions or development partners of at least 6 years;
- 10 years of experience in working on women’s development and gender issues
- Extensive experience working in the area of disability or living no one behind
The Interested and qualified (individual or institutional) consultants are invited to submit their proposal (s) comprising the following:
Technical and financial proposals (single document of word or PDF format)– including but not limited to:
- Consultants’ understanding of the assignment and context
- Approach to the assignment
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Work plan
- Key staff bio data
- A detail of the experience of previously conducted similar assignments and capacity to undertake the assignment.
- Recent CV including experience in similar assignments and the Lead person plus three professional references including previous clients
- Financial proposal showing clearly the budgeted cost for the work to be conducted by the consultant under the scope of work above.
- Participatory Gender Audit certificates or completion certification in the similar assignments
IV. Language Requirement
- Proficiency in English is mandatory and Kinyarwanda language is an asset