REB JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Director of Emerging Technology for Education Unit Under Statute at RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD (REB) : Deadline :Jul 12, 2023
-Accountable to the HoD;
-General supervision of the unit;
-Draw recurrent budget for the unit
-Ensure implementation of strategies, policy guidelines and project proposals aimed at integration of Emerging Technology in Education towards quality and Innovation;
-Keep abreast of the Emerging Technologies for Education and its required infrastructures in terms of devices and associated technologies
– Facilitate their integration in the General Basic Education activities.
-Supervise the day to day technical support for ICT infrastructures within General Basic Education.
-Supervise maintenance and management of ICT infrastructure within General Basic Education.
-Collaborate Collaborate with all REB departments, districts, school leaders and development partners to ensure fully integration and utilization of available technologies in teaching and learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science5 Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering5 Years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science3 Years of relevant experience
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering3 Years of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- – Knowledge and ability to analyze current policies, statistical data and related information to develop effective strategies addressing the gaps
- Digital literacy skills
- Ability to use relevant computer and other software applications
- Ability to apply information
- Analytical, quantitative, and computer skills