Job Title: Project officer
Project: The Future is Green! Promoting Youth Agri-Preneurship in Rwanda
Job location: AEE Rwanda district-based offices ( Gatsibo, Bugesera and Nyaruguru)
“The Future is Green! Promoting Youth Agri-Preneurship in Rwanda” project aims at empowerment and economic integration of rural youth, especially young women. The priority of the project will be for rural young men and women in Gatsibo, Nyaruguru and Bugesera to be economically integrated in the agri-based sector through employment and sustainable entrepreneurship. Through this, we aim to enhance their agripreneurship skills and improve their resilience and those of their communities towards economic and climate shocks. The project will be implemented by AEE Rwanda in collaboration with Plan International Rwanda.
Purpose of the position
The project officer is responsible for project implementation at the community level. He/she is involved in project beneficiaries’ selection (youths, ATVET centres and FTCs) for specific project interventions to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
Detailed duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate young Agri entrepreneurs and youth representatives in line with Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices and provide them with required technical support
- Build technical capacities of local Agri TVET providers and Farmer training centers on CSA concepts and entrepreneurial skills building
- Job oriented skills and technical training for youth on innovative CSA practices
- Conduct awareness raising and advocacy to increase participation of girls and young women in market-oriented agriculture and climate smart solutions.
- Set up of community gardens/demonstration plots
- Conduct youth-led Farmer-to-Farmer learning and exchange visits
- Identification and training of youth representatives in targeted communities to act as “agents of change”
- Conduct community awareness for gender inclusive youth employment, disability inclusion and CSA practices
- Participate both in internal and external Program Quality Assurance Activities such as DQA and ensure the organization score excellent in all evaluations and assessments.
- Lead in development of district join work plans, review activities budgets and accountabilities
- Prepare and submit high quality and timely reports to Branch manager
- Participate in the meetings organized by local district and sectors authorities as well as those organized by the program
- Perform any other tasks requested by the organization’s hierarchy.
Minimum required qualifications and skills
- The ideal candidate for the “The Future is Green! Promoting Youth Agri-Preneurship in Rwanda Project Officer should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Agri business, Rural development and other agriculture related field.
- More than 3 years of experience working with youths or other vulnerable.
- High level of language proficiency in English; able to make oral presentations and write clear reports.
- Self-motivated, persistent, resolute and able to deliver without close supervision.
A Born-again Christian who is compassionate and cares, with ability to foster teamwork.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must be a good communicator, capable of effectively sharing knowledge and skills gained with others.
Should not be above 35 years old.
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time using a motorcycle throughout program covered zones and work flexible hours
- Computer literacy to a high standard in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility, humility, resourcefulness.
Driving license, category A
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Expression of interest letter
- Updated CV (maximum 2 pages) with contact details
- 3 references
- Copies of educational qualifications
- Church recommendation
- Criminal Background Record
- Copy of National Identity card.
- Copy of Driving license
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application documents written in English addressed to AEE Rwanda Executive Secretary exclusively to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6, 2022 not later than 5:00pm Kigali time.
N.B. Only selected candidates will be contacted for tests.
Done at Kigali, June 29th, 2022
AEE Rwanda/ HR Manager