Learn more about Catholic University of Rwanda Faculty of Education.
Catholic University of Rwanda Mission
- To promote top quality education in various disciplines
- To instill moral and social values throuh education of citizens free of all discrimination including gender based
- To promote Research, Consultancy and Community service in order to better meet the popultation fundemental needs
Welcome to the Faculty of Education
Dr. HASHAKIMANA Theogene email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Faculty of Education at our university offers a diverse range of options and departments to cater to students interested in pursuing a career in education. These options include Education Management and Planning, Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Education Sciences, and Education in Arts and Social Sciences. Within these departments, students have the opportunity to specialize in various fields, such as Mathematics and Computer Science in Education, Biology and Chemistry in Education, Economics and Entrepreneurship in Education, and many more.
The Education Management and Planning department focuses on equipping students with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively manage educational institutions and develop strategic plans for educational organizations. Students in this department learn about leadership, curriculum development, policy-making, and evaluation techniques, preparing them for administrative roles in schools, colleges, and other educational settings.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education program is designed for individuals who have already completed a bachelor’s degree in another field and wish to pursue a career in teaching. This program provides students with the pedagogical knowledge and practical skills required to become effective educators. Through coursework and practical teaching experiences, students develop expertise in instructional methods, classroom management, assessment strategies, and educational psychology.
The Education Sciences department focuses on the scientific study of education, including educational psychology, learning theories, and research methodologies. Students in this department gain a deep understanding of the factors that influence teaching and learning processes, as well as the social, cultural, and psychological aspects of education. This knowledge enables them to contribute to educational research, policy-making, and the development of evidence-based teaching practices.
The Education in Arts and Social Sciences department combines education with subjects from the arts and social sciences, allowing students to explore interdisciplinary approaches to education. Students in this department can specialize in various subjects, such as history, literature, sociology, or psychology, and learn how to integrate these disciplines into their teaching practices. This multidisciplinary approach enhances students’ critical thinking, creativity, and cultural awareness, providing them with a well-rounded education.
Overall, the Faculty of Education offers a comprehensive range of options and departments that cater to the diverse interests and career aspirations of students. Whether students are interested in educational management, teaching, educational research, or interdisciplinary approaches to education, the faculty provides them with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their chosen fields.
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- English and Kiswahili
- Educational Management and Planning
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Education Sciences
- Education in Biology and Chemistry
- Education in Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Education in Mathematics and Biology
- Education in Mathematics and Chemistry
- Education in Arts And Social Sciences
- Education in English and Kinyarwanda
- Education in English and French
- Education in English and Kiswahili
- Education in French and Kinyarwanda
- Education in Economics and Computer Sciences
- Education in Economics and Entrepreneurship
- job Oportunity
- The Faculty of Education provides students with a wide range of job opportunities in the field of education. Graduates from the Education Management and Planning department can pursue careers as school administrators, educational consultants, curriculum developers, or policy analysts. Those completing the Postgraduate Diploma in Education can become teachers in primary or secondary schools. The Education Sciences department opens doors to roles as educational researchers, educational psychologists, or educational policy analysts. Graduates from the Education in Arts and Social Sciences department can pursue careers as teachers specializing in subjects like history, literature, or sociology. Additionally, there are opportunities for employment in educational publishing, educational technology companies, non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies focused on education.