Save the Children’s Emergency Health Unit (EHU) is recruiting experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Managers to join the EHU Roster.
The EHU is designed to enhance and expand Save the Children’s life-saving work in acute emergencies, including disease outbreaks, with a focus frontline health (including surgical), nutrition and WASH programming. The EHU initiates direct health response within 3 days of a declared emergency, creating the space for in-country response teams to focus on longer term response planning and scale up.
The EHU MEAL Manager position will be activated from the roster and deployed to support EHU responses. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning mechanisms are in place, both integrating with the wider health and nutrition response where appropriate, and ensuring EHU-specific systems are in place.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post holder will be roving to multiple locations where the needs are high.
The position will be based in various locations. This is an on-call role and will be activated on a need-based basis.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Degree in Health Records and Information, Health Information Systems, Health Statistics, Information Management, Public Health, or equivalent
- Previous experience working in humanitarian settings
- 5+ years demonstrated experience previous working in MEAL the sector
- Experience using DHIS 2 Health Information System
- Ability to organize and plan information systems
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and accountability methodologies
- Knowledge of conducting surveys, assessments and data quality audits
- Experience with MS Excel
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness and ability to live and work in hardship areas
- Commitment to abide by the Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French and/or Spanish desirable but not essential
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 4 Mar 2022
Closing date: 20 Mar 2022 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Location, N/A
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Type: Fixed-term contract