IREMBO: Simple steps followed to apply for a birth certificate.
This service allows all Rwandans to apply for a birth certificate. The application is processed by local government authorities at the sector level. The service is provided by the Ministry of Local government (MINALOC).
The processing time of a birth certificate is 1 working day; the service costs Rwf 500.
- Applicant needs to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
- Applicants should have a national ID Number or Citizen Application Number.
- Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a birth certificate:
3. Choose which birth service you want; “Birth Certificate.”
4. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
5. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
- Self: Rwandan citizens above 16 years should have a National ID.
- Child: Rwandan citizens below 16 years should have a Citizen Application Number.
6. Fill in the Processing Details, and the Reason for your request.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
7. Click on Next to proceed.
8. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
9. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, and after the Civil Registration Officer of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant will receive an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it from the IremboGov platform.