This service enables Rwandans and refugees to apply and pay for the correction of their national IDs. The citizen will receive an appointment requesting them to visit the selected sector and show supporting documents to justify their reason for a request. For Rwandans, the corrected ID will be picked at the selected place of collection. This service is provided by the National Identification Agency (NIDA).
Note: After payment, the refugees should reach out to the migration officer, refugee camp, or MINEMA to provide supporting documents.
The processing time for this service is 30 days; its price is Rwf 1,500
- No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
- Applicants should have a national ID number.
- Applicants should have a legitimate reason (date of birth, gender, names, and photo) for requesting this service.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a national ID correction:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Identification, click on Application for National ID Correction.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Enter the required Applicant Details.
NOTE: It is advisable to choose the same processing office as the place of collection, for easy collection.
4. Click Next to proceed.
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click Submit.
6. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the selected processing sector informing them when to take supporting documents. After, the application is sent to NIDA for processing.