– Develop a comprehensive plan of providing support and oversee implementation of Grants agreements provisions
(financial precedent conditions),
– Preparation of internal and external audit and support for implementation of audits recommendations of different sub
recipients of SPIU/RBC;
– Ensure PFM compliance regarding funds transferred to implementers,
– Review the recording of transactions in accounting software,
– Review and provide feedback to financial statements from health facilities, Central level and other sub recipient institutions
implementing different external projects under RBC-SPIU
– Train the Accountants/finance staff of sub- recipient’s institutions in identified gaps;
– Review the management comments provided by different sub-recipients in the internal and external audit reports before
– Facilitate the internal and external audits where it is necessary;
– Carry out any other duty related to financial control as recommended by the Coordination.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management5 Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting5 Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance5 Years of relevant experienceCompetency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge of management processes in the public sector (budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, public contracts, internal control and audit
- Proven knowledge of the GoR financial management system (IFMIS) is a requirement, knowledge in other financial software (TOMPRO or Sage) shall constitute an advantage
- Prior Work Experience: Possess relevant professional experience of at least 5 years in Accounting, Finance, and Budgetary Control within a public organization, a project or a reputable private organization.
- Language Proficiency: English or French and Kinyarwanda proficiency is required. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English or French and Kinyarwanda at a professional level.
- Knowledge: the incumbent must have knowledge and understanding of the organization and roles of the different levels of the GoR health system, GoR legislation, and practice relating to PFM(Public Financial Management) Guidelines.