Coordinator of Kindergarten Level at Wellspring Academy | Kigali :Deadline: 10-07-2023
NOT TO BE SERVED BUT TO SERVE”
P.O.BOX 7486 KIGALI, RWANDA
POSTION OF A COORDINATOR OF KINDERGARTEN LEVEL
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision to produce a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. Our school mission is to educate and equip students to become highly skilled, godly leaders and agents of community transformation.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, dynamic and experienced Christ centered staff to serve as the Kindergarten coordinator who will be able to integrate a Christian worldview into the curriculum.
This person is expected to work successfully with a range of students, be verse in research-based practices and early elementary content and seek to become part of our learning community. Outstanding candidates will be motivational to encourage students to love the Lord and love to learn and place a high value on communication with parents as we seek to partner with parents as we raise a new generation of servant leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF AS COORDINATOR OF KINDERGARTEN SECTION
- Provide professional and instructional leadership to the Kindergarten/Nursery team of teachers.
- Collaborate closely with the Primary vice principal and the school principal in the coordination of the Kindergarten/Nursery section.
- Oversee the day – to – day operations of the kindergarten section
- Contribute to the success and attainment of the school vision and Mission in the Kindergarten section
- Ensure availability of necessary materials for children in the Kindergarten/Nursery section
- Supervise and support Kindergarten/Nursery staff in regards to teaching, learning and school culture.
- Conduct safety and security audits, risks, and ensure compliance.
- Enhance effectiveness of support and teaching in the Kindergarten section
- Prepare weekly lesson plans for Kindergarten children
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with Wellspring Academy vision and mission statement.
- Be responsible for supervising children both in classroom and during play time.
- Deliver planned lessons professionally
- Participate in preparing faculty meetings, and in professional trainings
- To develop and review syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the Kindergarten section.
- To establish the process of the setting of targets within the Kindergarten section and to work towards their achievement.
- To promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relations.
- To participate in the interview process for teaching posts when required and to ensure effective induction of new staff in the Kindergarten section in line with school procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate, with the Kindergarten level, performance data provided and take appropriate action in response.
- Work with the Deputy Principal in order to ensure that the Kindergarten level’s teaching commitments are effectively and efficiently time-tabled and roomed.
Kindergarten coordinator report directly to the deputy Principal in charge of primary section
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in early childhood or education from an accredited higher learning institution
Expected experience and skills:
- Minimum of TWO years of leadership experience in Kindergarten or having assumed similar responsibilities in any international program will be an added value.
- Minimum of FOUR years of teaching experience in Kindergarten. Teaching experience in any international program will be an added value.
- Practical computer skills of Microsoft office package ( word, PowerPoint, excel, )
Personal and spiritual qualities
- A strong relationship with Christ and a desire to grow in faith
- Passionate with education and love for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating and a positive mind)
- Practice principles of Christian growth including prayer, study, witnessing, and discipleship.
- Physical, mental and health fitness to perform the duties and responsibilities.
One year employment Contract on a full time basis thereafter it becomes an open ended employment Contract upon a successful completion of the first year period which includes a three month probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should visit our school website www.wellspringacademy.org then go to join our community and fill the form “Job opportunities at Wellspring Academy”
Closing date for applications: July 10th, 2023
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.