RWVCA, as wood membership-based association, is mandated to support the members business under Made in Rwanda brand to be competitive to the local, regional and international market. RWVCA members are composed by private companies and cooperatives that are divided into six functions that made the wood value chain namely tree seeds & nurseries, forest management, primary wood processing (harvesting and sawmill), secondary wood processing and tertiary wood processing and sale and distribution.
Wood operators in Rwanda has been facing tax related issues and being charged fines and penalties by the tax body. In the main of curb these challenges, RWVCA in partnership with RRA has started a Rwanda Wood Regulating Platform in the main of creating a forum where the tax issues in the wood sector can be resolved. In this regards that RWVCA is recruiting staffs that will be posting each ICPCs to help wood operators to solve their problems.
- Title: RWRP Billing Officer (30)
- Report: RWRP Coordinator
- Contract terms: one year with possibility of extension
- Work station: ICPCs at the district level.
Under the supervision of RWRP Coordinator, the incumbent will execute the activities under the Rwanda Wood Regulatory Platform ensuring the provision of daily EBM receipt. The post holder will be responsible for daily counting of timbers at the ICPCs site.
- Execute activities of the RWRP in all the ICPCS,
- Support wood operators in the ICPCs to solve any taxation issues that they may encounter,
- Support in the monthly tax declaration to Revenue collection body,
- Ensure a daily verification of the payment and make a daily reconciliation,
- Issue EBM receipt to business selling wood products in the ICPCs site and surroundings,
- Support in mobilization of the wood operators to join the association,
- Keep database of business operators working in ICPCs and its surroundings,
- Produce daily and monthly reports,
- Perform any other similar tasks entrusted to him by his/her superiors.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or vocational training certification. Bachelor degree will be an added advantage.
- At least having at least two (2) years of experience in taxation, accounting or auditing,
- Knowledge of use of EBM is mandatory,
- Priority will be given based on location
- Computer skills: MS Office, advanced Excel preferred
- Good written and verbal skills in English, Kinyarwanda
- Analytical thinking and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with various administrative and program levels of the project.
- Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Confidentiality and ethical behavior,
- Teamwork and time consciousness,
- Knowledge of accounting process, systems and principles.
Interested candidates should submit their application via google form linked
addressed to the RWVCA Executive Secretary and attached one PDF document including a CV with 3 references, cover letter and academic qualifications, work experience proof not later than June 09th, 2023 at 5PM. The subject line on the email should be ‘Application for RWRP billing officer’
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.