2 Job positions (Music teacher & Female Boarding House Parent) at Green Hills Academy (GHA):Deadline: 27-10-2023
Green Hills Academy (GHA) serves 2,200 students in Kigali, Rwanda. Green Hills Academy wishes to fill the below vacant positions with qualified, experienced, talented, capable and dedicated individuals to join the team to make a difference. The positions’ details are outlined below:
Position: Music teacher
As an IB Music Teacher at Green Hills Academy, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality music education within the International Baccalaureate (IB) framework. Your role will involve instructing and inspiring students in the field of music, nurturing their musical talents, and preparing them for IB Music assessments. You will also contribute to the school’s music program by organizing performances and fostering a culture of musical appreciation.
- Curriculum Delivery: Deliver the IB Music curriculum effectively. Develop lesson plans, assessments, and teaching materials aligned with IB standards.
- Music Instruction: Provide comprehensive music instruction, including music theory,
- Performance Preparation: Prepare students for IB Music performance assessments, including solo and group performances. Organize practice sessions, rehearsals, and feedback to enhance students’ musical skills.
- Music Theory: Teach music theory concepts and techniques, ensuring students have a strong foundation in areas such as harmony, counterpoint, and music analysis.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Administer assessments, projects, and examinations in accordance with IB guidelines. Evaluate student performance and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Student Support: Provide academic and emotional support to students, helping them overcome challenges and reach their musical potential.
- Extracurricular Activities: Organize and oversee music-related extracurricular
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other music faculty members, teachers, and staff to
- Professional Development: Stay updated on current trends and best practices in music education and IB programs. Attend workshops, conferences, and training sessions to enhance teaching skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Education, Music, or a Grade 8 or Diploma Certificate from ABRSM, TRINITY, LCME, UNISA or a related field.
- Teaching certification or qualifications in the subject area.
- Familiarity with the IB Music curriculum and assessment requirements.
- Proficiency in piano performance, composition, and music theory.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong musical ability, as well as proven piano skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiasm for music education and a passion for nurturing students’ musical talent
- Maintain professional and ethical communication with all stakeholders
- Create a safe and welcoming environment within the boarding house.
- Supervise and support female boarding learners in their daily routines and activities.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and emotional support to learners as needed.
- Address any disciplinary issues in the boarding house and report any serious discipline to the Head of Boarding.
- Monitor and ensure the physical and emotional well-being of Learners.
- Address any concerns or conflicts among learners promptly and effectively.
- Assist learners with personal and academic challenges, including time management and study skills.
- Organise and actively lead a programme of activities, in the evenings and at weekends, to give borders a range of enjoyable and instructive experiences.
- Maintain a clean and organized living environment.
- Ensure that boarding house and GHA rules and regulations are followed.
- Report any maintenance or safety concerns to the Head of Boarding
- Support the Head of Boarding in producing reports regarding the welfare, progress, social and academic achievement of the borders to parents, teachers and other agencies as required.
- Foster open and transparent communication with learners, parents, and the school administration.
- Keep accurate records of learners activities, concerns, and progress.
- Attend weekly meetings organised by the Head of Boarding Care to facilitate effective communication, training and development and the sharing of information and ideas.
- Be prepared to respond to emergencies or crises within the boarding house at any time of day or night.
- Follow established procedures and protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of learners.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- First Aid training is an added advantage.
- Previous experience working in a boarding school, school set up or similar environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working with children or adolescents, including mentoring or counselling.
- Empathy and strong interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with learners.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Patience, compassion, and a caring attitude toward learners.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage house logistics effectively.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and responsibly.
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- A commitment to the safety, well-being, and personal development of learners.
- Approachable, dependable, and trustworthy.
- A professional and positive role model for learners.
- Respect for diversity, equity, Inclusion and a non-discriminatory attitude.
history, composition, and performance. Offer guidance and support for students’
Individual Musical Investigations.
Activities such as choir, orchestra, or music clubs. Encourage student participation and talent development.
coordinate music events, performances, and festivals. Foster a collaborative and creative learning environment.
Position: Female Boarding House Parent
Green Hills Academy is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Female Boarding House Parent to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for our female boarding Learners. The Female Boarding House Parent will report to the Director of Boarding and plays a crucial role in the daily lives of the learners, ensuring their safety, well-being, and personal development. This position is full time and requires individuals with strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and a genuine commitment to the growth and welfare of our Learners.
Supervision and Support:
Skills and Abilities:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications including a brief cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant degree as well as the names and contact information of three recent referees who have been direct supervisors to; email;- firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 p.m. on Friday 27th October 2023.
To learn more about GHA, please visit our website at www.greenhillsacademy.rw
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews