JOB OPPORTUNITIES VACANCIES OF FOREST EXTENTIONNIST at NYAMASHEKE DISTRICT(Deadline:10/11/2023)
Elaborate the District’s strategy on forests and natural resources, monitor its implementation across Sectors and produce consolidated reports thereof;
- Organize, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders, trainings and public awareness campaigns meant to disseminate new forestry technologies among beneficiaries;
- Supervise the identification and mapping of forest diseases, reforestation and forests protection needs, vulgarization and validation of trees and forests at the cell level and advise on the preventive and reactive measures across the Sector;
- Inspect whether mining and forests harvesting practices comply with the applicable regulations and standards;
- Maintain an updated database of forests and natural resources operators within the District, analyze the impact of their work on sustainable local development and advise the Sector accordingly.
- A2 certificate in agronomy0 Year of relevant experience
- A2 certificate in Agriculture0 Year of relevant experience
- A2 in Forestry0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning